When to Repair your Garage Door
A garage door needs regular and consistent maintenance for it to last for long. Even with the maintenance, there comes a time when the door breaks down. The garage door always has some warning signs which you need to watch out for to know when to repair the door. If you do not have knowledge on garage doors, contact a professional garage door repair to repair the door for you.
Here are some signs that you need to look out for;
1. Lack of balance – Garage door springs keep the door balanced when you open or close. Sometimes, the springs get damaged due to constant use and wear and tear. A garage door with a damaged spring is a health hazard so do not ignore the door. Look for garage door repairs in Pontypridd as soon as you establish the problem since you do not know when the door may fail.
2. Door closes incompletely – Your need garage door repairs in Pontypridd if your garage door opens well but closes incompletely. If your door behaves that way, then it has a problem with balance. If you fail to repair the door, it may bang down one day and cause an accident.
3. Dents – Garage doors whose tracks have dents sometimes close until halfway then open widely again. If your door stops midway as you are closing then opens completely, check the wheels and the track to ensure that they do not have a problem.
4. Slow response time – How long does your garage door take to open or close after you press the opener? In a normal circumstance, it should take one or two seconds to open. If it takes longer than that, then the opener or the door has a problem.
5. Excessive noise – Listen to your door carefully when opening and shutting it, does it make a banging or grinding noise? If it does, you need to repair your garage door otherwise the problem will be bigger and cost much more to repair.
We are available for all garage door repairs. Our team of garage door experts are trained and experienced to handle any problem. Click here for more informaion.