Common Areas to Upholster your Furniture
Upholstery fabric and labour is expensive so when you hire an upholsterer, you expect them to do a good job. One way to ensure that you get the results that you want is to clearly express your expectations to the upholsterer from Glasgow. Talk to the upholsterer about the following areas;
* Spring replacement or tying – Upholsters can tell if your furniture’s springs need replacing or if they are loose just by looking under the front of the seat. Talk to the expert to find out if they will charge you for replacing or retying the springs.
* Fabric – Most people upholster their furniture when the furniture’s fabric gets damaged. To get the desired results, people prefer to write down details of the fabric that they want and to give the upholsterer the exact details so that they do not miss any detail.
* Cushions – The most important aspects of a cushion are the foam thickness, density, and the style of the cushion. Most people forget to talk to the upholsterer about the cost of the cushions and the policies on the action to be taken in case they are not happy with the cushion.
* Pattern – Different pattern combination of the furniture to be upholstered need to be aligned so that the piece does not look misaligned and crazy. If you plan to use different fabrics, make sure they match well.
* Frame repair – It is not possible to tell what needs to be tightened up, glued or clamped together until your upholsterer tears down the covers of the furniture. Some experts will repair the frame if only small repairs are needed while other will charge for all the work done. Make sure you inquire about the cost of the repairs before they take place.
Good upholsterers avoid short-cuts. Consult the owner before deciding and follow all the instructions given. Avoid disappointments; hire an upholsterer from Nu‐Rest Re‐upholstery today.