Things to Consider with Surface Dressing
Surface dressing is where a road is treated by applying bitumen and stone chopping on its surface. This process seals the road and prevents water from seeping through and damaging the road. A surfaced road has a good skid resistance which is created by surface texture. The best time to carry out road surfacing is during dry months. Surface dressing along Hanley-on-Thames makes the road long lasting and you do not need to carry out regular maintenance services.
* Sweep the road and clear any detritus
* Mask the ironwork
* Using a large spray tank, spray the bitumen emulsion
* A self-propelled chopping spread follows the spray tank closely as it spreads the chippings
* A roller follows right after as it rolls the chippings on the bitumen
* To ensure that the road is well sealed, chippings are poured in excess
* You can now remove the masking
* Remove the excess chippings and clear any debris on the footway
* The road can now be opened but the drivers are advised to drive at low speeds. The more the vehicles pass over the chippings, the more the chippings will be embedded.
Importance of surface dressing
* Slows down oxidization and minimizes the negative effects of the sun’s ultraviolet rays
* Increases the durability of the road by up to 10 years
* Surface dressing on Hanley-on-Thames can be applied on any road
* Improves the grip of the road
* It reduces the probability of the formation of potholes by sealing the cracks on the road
* Reduces accidents on the road by reducing the risk of aquaplaning
* Reduces the use of scarce aggregates
* Road surfacing is carried out within a short time so it does not lead to congestion on the road during road works.
We have the equipment and the skills needed for an efficient road dressing process. Call us and our professional employees will be there when you need us the most.