5 Excellent Benefits of Massage Therapy
Not convinced of the merits of massage as a therapeutic system? Don’t think it’s a viable pain relief system? Here are some reasons why people rely on massage treatment to relieve pain and discomfort—and why you should too:
- Counteracts the effects of sitting down for too long. Work in an office? A nine to five job? You probably spend a lot of time sitting down at your desk for work. Best Health Mag says that kind of situation often leads the muscles on your shoulders and neck to tense up. That’s a sign of stress. Massage therapy can ease the build-up of tension in those areas, allowing you to start another workweek pain and stress-free.
- Non-invasive therapy. One major advantage of massage treatments is the non-invasive nature of the treatment. No need to worry about going under the knife just or having to deal with a long recovery period. Massage treatments can be anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours and patients suffer no ill side-effects after the sessions. As a pain relief system, it’s convenient and practical since you can set appointments around your schedule.
- Drug-free. Massage therapy doesn’t require the use of drugs so patients don’t grow dependent on pain medication to relieve and allay symptoms of their condition. Also, in the case of patients who wish to ease the discomfort of radiation and chemotherapy, resorting to massage treatments is ideal since any other pain relief system that relies on the introduction of drugs into the system might not be effective at all. Chemotherapy patients often imbibe high doses of cancer prescription drugs that may make them immune or intolerant to most drugs on the market.
- Promotes relaxation and sleep. Because massage treatment is an excellent way to ease the muscles, it calms patients down, relieving anxiety and stress. This is also why it’s a good sleep aid. When you’re relaxed, it’s easier to sleep. Chemotherapy patients also find this a great advantage, allowing them to sleep off or, at the very least, ease the discomfort of the treatment.
- Relieves discomfort and pain. Results of a particular study found that women who were ill with breast cancer and had massage treatments 3 times every week were less depressed and angry. And it’s easy to see why. Human touch is often a source of great comfort. Given in a safe and therapeutic context, massage treatments offer a way for patients to experience better quality of care and life.
These are just 5 advantages that Massage therapy has to offer. So if you want to find a non-invasive way to manage your pain and discomfort, it would be wise and practical to try this treatment out and see for yourself why it might be the right one for you.
Experience better pain relief with massage therapy. Clifton Chiropractic Clinic offers a range of wellness treatments to ease and treat your symptoms and discomfort. Tell us how we can help and give us a call today. You can also connect with them on Facebook.